Recently, I wrote a post about my students favorite tag game Noodle Dance Tag. This week I want to tell you about a similar tag game that can take it to the next level and really get your students thinking about some strategy while they are playing. This is a fun game to introduce after your students have already played Noodle Dance Tag and a great way to increase the difficulty and the learning for your older students.
You can see a video of me teaching the game to my students below:
Breakdown of the Game Below:
Equipment for one class (24 students):
- 3 blue half noodles (icicle)
- 3 red yarn balls (fireball)
3 ways to get frozen: Getting tagged by an icicle, falling down, going out of bounds
- If you are frozen you must do the fist pump dance moving side to side (just like Noodle Dance Tag)
- If you have a fireball you can not be frozen
- If you are frozen, someone can toss you a fireball and if you catch it you are unfrozen
- If the fireball is not caught when tossed, it must be re-tossed until it is caught successfully
- If the fireball is dropped it is dead and can not be picked up
- The fireball is no longer invincible and can be frozen by the ice. If frozen they can still be unfrozen by another fireball if they make a successful catch. They should then have 2 fireballs to toss to other players that are frozen.
As you can see, this game has 3 levels of play that will increase difficulty and strategic thinking for your students. You can modify and only play Level 1 with your younger students and add levels as you see fit with your older students. I use this game with all 3 levels with my 3rd – 5th graders and modify by only playing level 1 with my k-1st.
I have created a free download of the Game Sheet for your lesson plans which you can download below if you want.
Hope your kids love it!
As always, thanks for stopping by and have a great week.