What’s Up Phys Ed Friends!
As you can see from the video above, I am excited to tell you about the PE Specialist Membership. It’s an awesome resources where you can access every single resource we’ve ever created. After joining you can download, browse and learn at your leisure (Lesson Plans, E-Courses, Printables, Tutorials)
Let’s see – a little of everything, it’s turning into an expansive library with everything you’ll need to plan and teach some amazing quality physical education to your students.
Currently Inside the Membership (Free downloads for all members):
- Training Videos and Tutorials
- E-Course: How to Teach Stations Like a Pro (Preview and details here)
- E-Course: My Favorite Apps for PhysEd (Also available at PE Central)
- E-Course: Phys Ed Hacks: Classroom Management Strategies Training (Also available at PE Central)
- Training: How to Plan a Year of Physed
- Training: How to Gamify Your Physed Program
- Walkthrough videos of the entire Membership Section
- Training: How to Plan an Awesome Field Day (Overview Here)
- Lesson and Unit Plan Samples
- Gymnastics Resource Pack (Overview Here)
- Basketball Resource Pack
- Soccer Resource Pack
- 4-Square Activity Guide E-Book
- Frisbee in Physed Games and Activities E-Book (Example Here)
- Jump Rope Resource Pack (Overview Here)
- Fitness Unit Sample (How I do Fitness Testing)
- Single activities and stand alone lesson plans (like the ones in my 5 Favorite PE Games E-Book)
- Note: Most unit plans are 3-4 weeks and based on once a week PE, but can be easily modified to fit any situation.
- Access to stream or download Follow the Leader Warmup Videos
- 3 Basketball Warmup Videos (Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced)
- 2 Soccer Warmup Videos (Beginner & Advanced)
- 3 Jumprope Tricks Videos (Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced) (Example Here)
- Printable Posters, worksheets and management tools
- Gym Rules, Bathroom Procedures, Good Sportsmanship Poster, Conflict Corner Poster
- 25 Exercise Signs and One Page Workouts (overview here)
- Cues Posters (Basketball, Soccer, Jump Rope, Throwing) (Examples Here)
- Fitnessgram Certificates Bundle (overview here)
- Fitnessgram Personal Goal Setting Guide
- Tournament Tools – Team Name Cards, 6 Team Scorecards
- Printable Station Signs (tons of station signs)
- Jump Rope, Basketball, Soccer, Gymnastics, 30 station variety pack, Fitness, Christmas, Halloween… we’ve got you covered along an entire E-course for making station teaching effective and manageable
- Community support through Member Forums
- Ask questions, share resources, get feedback, solve problems and discuss issues while getting direct access to Ben and the rest of the awesome PE Specialist community in the Member Forums
The Members Resource Library is constantly growing and becoming a more and more valuable resource.
What’s the Purpose?
The goal with this site has always been to inspire PE Teachers and make a positive impact on the students that are in PhysEd Classes all over the world. We’ve strived to make the free content we offer better than most of the paid content that we’ve seen out there on the web. We hope that you’ve benefited from the massive amount of free stuff we put out on a regular basis. If you’re new to the site – go check out some of the free blog posts we’ve published over the last few years, we think you’ll find them super valuable.
Our goal with the PE Specialist Membership is to create the ultimate resource that everyone wishes they could’ve have had when they start a teaching career. We want to provide a practical resource to teachers that need some fresh ideas, lesson and unit examples, a little guidance and a creative boost to take their teaching to the next level. The membership is a 24 hour library, it’s always there when you need it and it has everything you need to assist you in becoming the Superstar Phys Ed Teacher that we know you can be.
How Much Does it Cost?
We offer a yearly membership for $249. This gives you access to all downloads, trainings, tutorials and support through the community forums.
We also provide a 10% Loyalty Discount which discounts your 2nd year of membership to $224.
Currently, we only want people who are committed to the community for the long term and are willing to invest in their learning and growth for at least 1 year. We also feel that the price is a great value for what you are getting as a member (it’s less than 70 cents a day and it will save you a TON of time).
Not only will this membership will save you time, but it will help you grow as an educator and make you a better teacher.
How To Pitch it to Your Administration?
One important part of our job as PhysEd teachers is to advocate for our programs. If I didn’t petition my administration and PTO or write grants for things that were above and beyond my “PE Budget” I wouldn’t have my iPod, iPads, stereo, TV, rock wall, wireless mic and a whole host of other things that have helped to make me a more effective educator and impact my students in a more positive way.
Also, remember when you make the ask for this membership (or anything really). Instead of asking “Can I have this”, tell them “This is why I need this, and this is how it will positively impact students”. Below are a few ideas.
Here’s a few reasons to bring up if your asking your school administration to support you by purchasing this membership:
- As the only PE Teacher you can be at a disadvantage compared to many other teachers in the school who have teachers to brainstorm with that specialize and teach in the same subject area. This will provide a collaborative community of like minded educators.
- Having access to the member resources will enable you to become a more effective teacher and a more valuable asset to the school
- By becoming a more effective educator, you will improve the outcomes of your students
- It’s cheaper than many other professional development options like courses and conferences and comes with a year of support through the community membership forums
- With the help of the unit samples and lesson plans you will be able to turn more of your attention and energy towards teaching your kids, instead of always worrying about what you’re doing next week.
- When they say yes, you can sign up below with a school credit card, or submit a Purchase Order by Clicking Here
Becoming a member will you save a ton of time, allow you to have more fun in your teaching and of course have a bigger impact on the students that you teach every day.
You’ve got so much free stuff on your blog, why would I pay for more?
A: If you’re still loving the blog content and free resources by all means stick with it, we’ve created it to be an amazing resources for PE Teachers. We plan on continuing the blog and love being a part of the share fest going on in the Phys Ed Community. The membership community is for those teachers who want to dive a little deeper, be a part of the discussion within the community forums and get full access to all the sample lessons, warm-up videos, activities, games, printable resources and trainings. Ultimately, if you don’t think the price is worth investing to save some of your time and up your teaching game then the community might not be right for you. There’s tons of great content out there on the internet – go have a look around and we’ll always be here if you change your mind. : )
Can I get a refund?
A: Sorry, but nope. Membership will be billed on an annual basis. Since all the products are of the digital nature and can be downloaded easily, there is a no-refund policy – there will be no refunds for partial years if you decide to cancel your membership early. Once you have a digital product there’s not really a way to “return it”.
How do I cancel my membership?
A: Why the heck would you want to do that? We really hope you love the benefits of being a member so much you never cancel, but if you do decide you would like to cancel you can login to your account and then go to your Member Account Details or CLICK HERE to cancel your membership (note: if you are not a member, this will just take you to the sign up page, once you become a member and login with your username and password you will see the “cancel my subscription” link) .
Why don’t you offer a monthly option?
A: Currently, we want people who are committed to the community for the long term and are willing to invest in their teaching and learning for at least 1 year. We also feel that the price is a great value for what you are getting as a member.
Do you offer access for an entire Phys Ed Department?
A: Absolutely, we offer a discounted rate for school districts that would like to purchase membership in bulk – you can view District Discounts Here.
We also accept Purchase Orders – If you already have an approved Purchase Order you can submit your info on our Purchase Orders Page and we’ll get your membership setup ASAP.
If you need an estimate first, you can visit our estimate request page and fill out the form with how many teachers you would like to get access for and we will send you a custom quote on pricing.
Can I get a trial membership?
A: Currently we don’t offer a trial membership option, but if you’d like to see a preview of what’s inside the membership – check out this walkthrough video series that we made for our members (view the walkthrough videos here). You could also check out the Gymnastics Unit Overview or the Jump Rope Unit Overview for an idea of what’s included in the Unit Resource Packs.
The blog is also a great place to browse and see if you think the activities, philosophies and strategies would be a good fit for what you’re looking for.
Do I have to pay for anything inside the membership after signing up?
A: Nope, once you purchase a membership everything inside the membership section of the website is totally free.
Do I get access for the school year or for a year after signing up?
A: The membership fee gives you access for 12 months from the signup date